Information and Cost
- Daily rate per person is $50 USD which includes:
- room, board, transportation (including to and from airport), electricity, hot water, drinking water, etc.
- A deposit of ½ the cost per day is due at least 15 days before team arrives.
Mission House Facilities:
- Sleeps up to 24 in bunk beds and also extra accommodations
- Large kitchen and dining area
- 2 X 3 piece washrooms ( 1 male 1 female ) – sink, toilet and shower ( hot water but 2 minute rule )
- House is gated with 24/7 custodian and a German Shepherd guard dog
- 12 seat Mitsubishi van (diesel with stick shift )
- 15 seat Dodge extended van ( gas, automatic )
Bible School for kids:
- Plan for around 125 kids, who can be divided into classes by age or remain in a big group.
- Bible school is typically during all church services at the ministry, as well as Thursday afternoons at the field.
- Each lesson should typically include a Bible lesson with some kind of craft.
- No hair dryers
- No shorts at ministry activities
- No tobacco, alcohol, drugs
- No rings in noses or in ears of males
- No card playing
- We do have internet but it should be used to a minimum ( this will enhance the team’s experience and allow God to work )
- *A must requirement: LIGHTS OUT every night at 10:00pm NO EXCEPTIONS
- You cannot flush toilet paper down the toilet. Please use the trashcans.
- We do have hot water, but max shower time is 2 minutes.
- We provide plenty of towels, bedsheets, and pillows.
- We have plenty of purified water to use for drinking and cooking.
- Plan to dress nicely for the church services, and around the ministry please do not wear shorts.
- For construction work, please wear pants and no sandals.
- Temperatures in the highlands are typically in the 70s, and the chance of rain depends on the season.
- Because we are so high in elevation: – at night it can get chilly, so it’s a good idea to bring a jacket.
- Plan to drink plenty of water.
- * Please note: Your team will be responsible for any damages your team incurs to Hearts For The Children Ministry property